New engine devlopment

Post something about yourself and your ride

New engine devlopment

Postby bryan » Sun May 05, 2013 1:12 pm

Hello,

here is my project in a nut:
It is different from others mainly because it is not on a racing car, not a restoration, but I am working on a new air inlet concept. I am writing here also because I am a VW fan (I did a full restoration on a mk2 GTI 16s match, and have an other golf for every days) so my project will probably be built on a VW because that's what I know better. this is a serious project (patent, long time studying etc...)
So, I plan to built a prototype in the future, once the study will be finished. For this, I plan to use a programmable engine management (injection + ignition). I don't know a lot on this stuff, especially, in term of compatibility and adaptability.
So I would like to know if I will be able to do what I want, knowing my configuration is the following:
-Direct injection only (stock injectors or others? how to set the fuel pressure?)
-Gaz and oil engine
-no supercharging for the moment
-single throttle body
-I need a lot of flexibility to be able to test different parameters
-Also, it will probably be an engine swap: modern engine (for new light and low friction parts etc) in an old car (to make it simple). So in what dimension should I keep the stock engine management? stock sensor, pumps, control unit? or is it 100% stand alone?
That's all for the first questions before going further

For those who want to see what it is, here is the link:(only in french for the moment, engli
http://forum.histomobile.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1238

thank you for your answer
Random avatar
bryan

Re: New engine devlopment

Postby vdubjim » Thu May 09, 2013 8:50 pm

sounds interesting.
Vintage Speedwerks
Vintage VWs / Custom Vinyl Graphics and Stickers
vdubjim
Site Admin

Re: New engine devlopment

Postby Lotus23C » Mon May 20, 2013 1:57 am

Yes, interesting, the principle looks sort of like those Le-Rone radial engines (circa 1915), with the reed valve on the piston crown.
Random avatar
Lotus23C

Return to New user intro