Wassssup! from Texas!

Post something about yourself and your ride

Wassssup! from Texas!

Postby supaninja » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:40 pm

I'm Nick, I recently got a '65 Notch that i'm right in the middle of doing a megasquirted type 4 conversion to.

http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g296/ ... ch%202010/
thats the photobucket for the car

Type 4 bus 2L
stock D-Jet
914 2L dizzy
MS1 v3.0

I recently tore the motor down to inspect it and clean it, just need to put it back together, thn it should be running. Long term, I have been amassing some performance type 4 goodies. I will eventually build that motor and I'm thinking about modifing a hyabusa or ZX-14 throttle body to fit on some shorty manifolds. That should be intersting.

I have a question for you guys, I'm initialy going to run the ignition off the 914 dizzy but i want to go to a EDIS setup. Will MS1 operate that or do i need to upgrade to a MS2 daughterboard? I'm also looking for a trigger wheel that will fit a stock type shroud, I found one but its a pretty penney for just a wheel and a VR sensor. Any other options out there?

This site has a lot of potential, I too am a little frustrated with having to bounce around 10 different sites to get info.

Thanks for reading this.
Random avatar
supaninja

Re: Wassssup! from Texas!

Postby vdubjim » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:42 pm

Welcome!
I cant wait to start on my T3 mega.

I was thinking of the bus setup but my car has an actual engine bay, not like the later T3, im afraid i would have to cut it, so T1 for me!

Mario has the wheels in the FS section, wanna play you gotta pay..... Im sure you can get just the wheel from him and fab the rest.
Vintage Speedwerks
Vintage VWs / Custom Vinyl Graphics and Stickers
vdubjim
Site Admin

Postby supaninja » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:10 pm

I emailed mario and his wheel is a couple inches too big so plan b it is, there is a guy on ebay selling the right sized trigger wheel and for an extra $7.50 he will drill the center to 1.5", I can drill the other 4 holes since they aren't as critical as that center hole.

I have been picking a couple of guys brains on stf and glen from glensgarage.com, turns out my MS1(just need to add some coil drivers) can direct fire COPs and with MSextra I can have a rev limiter, shift light, and a 2 step launch control.....nice!
Random avatar
supaninja

Postby supaninja » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:38 pm

I need to get off my butt and post updates to this. The type 4 is built and the megasquirt is running, I am having a crazy issue with AFR's oscillating. By oscillating I mean they go all the way rich then all the way lean, and just keep doing it that.
Random avatar
supaninja

Postby vdubjim » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:59 am

i actually got a wheel from that guy, i wanted to put it on my T3.
It doesnt fit well, so im going way above, and building a cnc plasma cutter :)
Vintage Speedwerks
Vintage VWs / Custom Vinyl Graphics and Stickers
vdubjim
Site Admin

Postby chips60bug » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:14 pm

supaninja wrote:I need to get off my butt and post updates to this. The type 4 is built and the megasquirt is running, I am having a crazy issue with AFR's oscillating. By oscillating I mean they go all the way rich then all the way lean, and just keep doing it that.

Sounds like your wideband needs calibrating...mine did this and that is what it needed. Is it an LC-1? Call innovate about it. It is not your car having an issue. Its the sensor, I almost guarantee it.
Random avatar
chips60bug

Return to New user intro