Who has built a V 2.2.

Post here for the brain!

Who has built a V 2.2.

Postby mkdubbn » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:20 am

I want to build one I just want to know what I am in for.I know I need a static free table.I got a soldering iron.That recovers heat fast.I read that much.I want to get one of those magnifying lamps.
Ah on a scale 1 to 10.10 most difficult.
I want to add a TPS.Then add a turbo later.I suspect all you have to do is change the fuel maps when the turbo is added.
Thanks.
Random avatar
mkdubbn

Re: Who has built a V 2.2.

Postby mkdubbn » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:33 pm

I guess I am on the right track.
Random avatar
mkdubbn

Postby prof315 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:28 am

mkdubbn wrote:I want to build one I just want to know what I am in for.I know I need a static free table.I got a soldering iron.That recovers heat fast.I read that much.I want to get one of those magnifying lamps.
Ah on a scale 1 to 10.10 most difficult.
I want to add a TPS.Then add a turbo later.I suspect all you have to do is change the fuel maps when the turbo is added.
Thanks.

Building a Megasquirt is fairly easy. Do yourself a favor though, spend the extra money for a v3.0 board, you'll need way fewer mods and proto boards as you add stuff to the car.
I use a 2ft square piece of thin plywood to do all of my assembly on. No worries about static that way. A magnifying lamp is handy.
The biggest thing to remember when building a megasquirt is to read the assembly instructions from start to finish BEFORE you pick up the soldering iron and I like to check off each step as I complete it so I print a copy of the instructions to work off of.
Jeff Linfert (The Professor)
Atlantic Auto Works
Melbourne, FL
We install and tune Megasquirt systems
prof315

Postby ValveCoverGasket » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:35 pm

also, if it's your first build, you may want to get your hands on a stim board so you can confirm that it works before dumping it into the car and having to chase your tail troubleshooting
MegaSquirt ECUs, Code Archives, Maps, Tuning/Installs
SpitFireEFI.com
email: info@spitfireefi.com | sales@spitfireefi.com
Random avatar
ValveCoverGasket

Postby mkdubbn » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:48 am

ValveCoverGasket wrote:also, if it's your first build, you may want to get your hands on a stim board so you can confirm that it works before dumping it into the car and having to chase your tail troubleshooting

OK ;)
Random avatar
mkdubbn

Return to Megasquirt computer