hello from AK

Post something about yourself and your ride

hello from AK

Postby pgaks2 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:43 pm

Hi all saw the post on the tex about this forum, figured i would join up, im a newb when it comes to EFI, i just know im tired of dealin with cis, and love to tackle new things like this.

i have a 84 GTI, its been ran hard and put away wet, yet still keeps kicking, its strictly a summer rig due to IM laws here being directly copied from CARB. but that allows me to do whatever i want to it as long as i only drive it in the summer:) plan is to keep it 8v, hell keep it mostly stock for now just switch over to MS, and run the stock motor on that while i build up another motor, eventual goals for second motor are 8v, probably a ABA block, built bottom end so it can rev to the moon, worked head, got a line on a decent brazilian head worked over by TT a few years ago and never installed, i love knowing parts whores :BS. either extrudabody ones or if i can find a deal on others i may go with them.

plans for the car is street legal autox/roadrace car (i know dont drive on the street with a cage), pretty basic as far as body work, i would like to fab up a metal berg cup body but if i racing fender to fender i figure why throw that much into the bodywork. has a cup kit on it now, will eventually redo whole suspension with some of the trick parts over at SCCH. but getting in reliably race ready is my priority.

sheb
Random avatar
pgaks2

Re: hello from AK

Postby vdubjim » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:42 pm

Sounds like you have some great ideas .
Vintage Speedwerks
Vintage VWs / Custom Vinyl Graphics and Stickers
vdubjim
Site Admin

Postby pgaks2 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:52 pm

vdubjim wrote:Sounds like you have some great ideas .

yeah now just need to get winter over with and some spare money in my pocket so i can start seeing them through, hmm wonder how long it would take to close in half of my carport, and wonder if any o my neighbors would turn me in to the city for doing so. call me a wimp but i aint workin on the rabbit at any temp below 40 unless i have to.

sheb
Random avatar
pgaks2

Postby vdubjim » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:35 pm

i hear that! its like 25 here.
Vintage Speedwerks
Vintage VWs / Custom Vinyl Graphics and Stickers
vdubjim
Site Admin

Postby vdubjim » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:04 pm