Megasquirt on VR6's

Post here for the brain!

Megasquirt on VR6's

Postby JRaptor2000 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:29 pm

Hey,

We have a couple Megasquirted Turbo VR6's. Two on stock engine wiring harness with a motronic to MS adapter plug and two on DIYAutotune harnesses. The ones on the stock harness work great! No problems at all....The DIY harnesses though, not so much. I got one of them to start and run for a hot second, then shut off and never start again for me. Tries, but never runs. The other hasn't started for me yet at all, just cranks and fires a couple times.

Anyone have any luck with those harnesses? We took our time with all of the installs and as far as we can tell everything is working great. The megasquirt is definately good, it was running another turbo VR perfectly fine, with a stock harness.
Random avatar
JRaptor2000

Re: Megasquirt on VR6's

Postby prof315 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:05 am

I've never had any problems with the DIYAutotune harnesses. That's all I use.
Jeff Linfert (The Professor)
Atlantic Auto Works
Melbourne, FL
We install and tune Megasquirt systems
prof315

Postby bigboystark » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:45 pm

i have a 12v vr6 turbo that i am currently installing MSII on and am having some problems with hooking up the throttle body. it is an obd2 car and i bought the diy harness and cant seem to figure out which wires go where on the TB. if someone has done this already can yuo please help me out.
Random avatar
bigboystark

Postby lotar_6 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:41 pm

My harness is part DIYautotune and part me. I bought my MS used and the short harness came with it. I extended the wiring and put a connector from a stock ECU on the other end so I could plug it into the stock engine harness. So far so good!!
Random avatar
lotar_6

Return to Megasquirt computer