im 100% confused

Post here for the brain!

im 100% confused

Postby fueledpassion109 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:41 pm

So i have been wanting to replace the OEM computer for some time now. Every time I start researching it i get so confused it makes me want to punch a kitten(though i could never do that). What I have is a 95 OBDI 2.0 Jetta. I have 276 cam, +1mm valves, ti. retainers, springs, lightened lifter, adj. cam gear, intake, exhaust, 4 bar FPR, ported headed, ported intake manifold. I think im running the TT drop in chip.

anyway I would like to ditch the computer and install Megasquirt. but I have no clue what I need.

oh, I also forgot to mention that I will be building a new bottom end for turbo specs. So i will also need something that I can run a turbo set up with.

any Ideas?.. or any places to find this info would be great.
Random avatar
fueledpassion109

Re: im 100% confused

Postby vdubjim » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:08 pm

Im sure oilpangasket or prof315 will chime in.

I would get one of them to build the box for you, then do the rest yourself.

I am by no means an expert, but from all the research ive done thus far you have to choose which sensors (oem or GM) TPS or MAF, do you want megasquirt to run the spark or EDIS type setup?
Vintage Speedwerks
Vintage VWs / Custom Vinyl Graphics and Stickers
vdubjim
Site Admin

Postby prof315 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 am

Well it honestly depends on how you want to set the car up. With an ABA I personally like using the factory crank sensor and waste spark with an MS2 board and Extra code. Since you are planning on boost you will probably want the waste spark (I would). MS1 is definately cheaper but it isn't quite as robust as MS2. Basically you'll need a megasquirt ECU and a harness as a minimum. I personally like using GM intake and coolant sensors, but the stock bosch sensors work fine. For starters go to the MS website and do a little reading. www.megamanual.com
Jeff Linfert (The Professor)
Atlantic Auto Works
Melbourne, FL
We install and tune Megasquirt systems
prof315

Postby mkdubbn » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:34 am

Ok I want to do a m/s on a J/H.I think the ms2 should be more than enough for what I am asking it to do.
How hard is it to build the box?I don't have any electronic part yet.
All I have so far is a intake,with a choice of two throttle bodys.One of the bodys is off a coraddo.This one has a idle switch,
abd a full rich,a 3 pin.The second is off a 16v passat I believe.Its a 6 pin,but it has a tps.I want to run the tps,on top of the
map sensor is this going to be a waist of effort?They both have Idle air control.
I was just thinking that it would respond faster to a direct signal,opposed to a reaction of the drop in vacuum.I want to use them both still.
I kind of plan on running a t3 turbo off a diesel.I hear those spool up faster,and can produce higher boost.I am only looking for 7 to 10 psi tops.I'm hunting for 150 H.P..Any more I will need a stronger tranny.
I have not seen any pics yet does this forum support flicker?
Random avatar
mkdubbn

Postby mkdubbn » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:38 am

http://www.diyautotune.com/tech_article ... led_vw.htm
Here is a link for the h20 vw's.It looks to me the JH is going to simple.
Random avatar
mkdubbn

Postby Lord » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:00 am

''i get so confused it makes me want to punch a kitten(though i could never do that)" That,s funny
Random avatar
Lord

Postby Lord » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:03 am

"i get so confused it makes me want to punch a kitten(though i could never do that)" thats funny
Random avatar
Lord

Return to Megasquirt computer